Saturday 20 May 2017

Hexagon Rainbow Mother's Day card No.1

Hi Crafty Friends,

Here's my 2nd card for tonight and I made 2 cards using this same paper/die cut - the other is coming up and I used the negative (or positive bits, not sure which I'd say was which hehe). I was playing around with my new distress inks on thin watercolour paper and I really wasn't impressed with my first attempt. I almost threw this paper out but decided to die cut it instead with my hexagon die. I love how it looked when it wasn't all one straight piece. I also added a feather die cut, sequins and heat embossed a Mother's Day sentiment on vellum. I added the hexagon die cut to a double sided adhesive sheet and then added glitter to all the hexagon centres to look like glitter paper underneath. 




I am entering this card into the following challenges:

A Gem of a Challenge - Spring fever
Crafty Friends - use summer colours
Creatalicious -  anything goes with option of using stencils
Creative Inspirations - anything goes 
Cute as a Button - for mom
Inspiration Destination - anything goes 
Simon Says Stamp (Wed) - add a bit of sparkle 
Southern Girls - add sparkle
Word Art Wednesday - anything goes 

If you love embellishments, freebies, prizes and giveaways please come follow our new blog at Flourish with a Bling blog or go straight to our store at Flourish with a Bling store.

Thank you so much for dropping by and extra special thanks to my lovely followers and visitors that leave some beautiful comments for me, they warm my heart.

XOX Lucy

9 comments:

  1. So colorful and pretty. I'm glad it didn't end up in the recycle bin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lucy... it’s lovely to see you have joined in the ‘Summer Colours’ challenge at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. Beautiful card design using a super die and great inking... Good luck in the draw and we hope you will come back again soon.
    [Diane Louise, Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello! super sweet design and fabulous colors! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love your die cuts and how you turned them into two separate cards. The colors are gorgeous! Perfect for this week's mom theme. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card and I like the layout. Great idea with the feather and flower. I like the left over pieces used on another card. So glad you shared over at Inspiration Destination.
    Billie A
    Inspiration Destination
    Catch the bug
    Creative with Stamps
    Aud Sentiments
    Stampavie and More

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea and love the feather and all the sparkle
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful! Love the simplicity and the multicoloured design. Thanks for joining us at creative inspirations this fortnight. CraftyNatalie-DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful creation. Thank you for sharing your talents with us over at Creatalicious. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderfuls cards!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional stencils” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    (DT The Sketchy Challenges)


    PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy the past couple of weeks…

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a message, I love the feedback and it's very sweet of you to take the time out of your day to contact me. XOX Lucy